We, the Reading Elementary School and the community, will collaborate to foster an educational environment which embraces the following philosophy:
- A safe, healthy, respectful environment which maximizes learning and develops self-esteem.
- A challenging, standards-based academic curriculum, built on fundamental skills, which addresses the needs of the whole child and validates risk-taking.
- Recognizing uniqueness and engaging each child through diverse practices, thereby enhancing the educational experience.
- Working cooperatively to encourage open, honest communication and build awareness of personal responsibility and citizenship.
- Positive modeling, guided discovery, and creative thinking to promote lifelong learning and inquisitive spirits.
"The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper."